Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at corporate.pokemon.com and pokemon.com. And check out Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/Pokémon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Associate Influencer Marketing Manager (PR)
- Job Summary: The Pokémon Company International has developed a strong foundation for its influencer marketing function, housed within the PR and Communications team, and is looking to scale its efforts within the space. This role is responsible for supporting influencer/creator campaigns, strategies, relationships, and tactical execution with an emphasis on earned programs across the Pokémon brand’s portfolio of consumer products, entertainment, competitive events, select video games, and mobile applications. The position will indirectly support the Influencer Marketing Manager role and report to the Director, PR & Corporate Communications.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- In this supporting role, work closely and collaborate with the Influencer Marketing Manager and other PR Managers to integrate influencers/influencer programs into their PR plans and tactical executions.
- Coordinate earned influencer marketing programs, strategies, and best practices on behalf of Pokémon consumer products with an emphasis on the Pokemon Trading Card Game but also support Pokémon Center and Licensing, select video games and mobile applications, scripted entertainment (animation), competitive and brand events, and other products/programs.
- Liaise with internal business groups and their external partners on Pokémon Influencer Marketing best practices, integration, and guidelines.
- Work with internal and external agency partners to build out and maintain roster of influencers to work with the Pokémon brand.
- Maintain internal influencer/creator partner lists.
- Regularly review existing creator partners for brand appropriateness, source and engage new influencer talent with which to collaborate in a variety of verticals.
- Support the tactical execution of influencer/creator engagement programs.
- Develop and maintain existing and new relationships with the Pokémon creator community, broader gaming influencers, creator management teams.
- Review and influence business partner influencer marketing plans and outreach strategies to support their goals while raising the profile of the Pokémon brand and upholding its influencer marketing guardrails.
- Support the scaling of the function and outreach in LATAM markets.
- Manage and engage influencer talent at competitive play and other brand events.
What you’ll bring
- Two (2) to three (3) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and execute strategically on a regional and global scale, work effectively with international stakeholders and ensure brand consistency across divisions, time zones and territories.
- Dedicated experience and expertise in working with influencers, managing relationships and executing singular influencer-focused programs as well as integrating influencer tactics into broader marketing plans for consumer products, video games, and/or entertainment properties.
- Proven track record of executing programs domestically and internationally.
- Experience working with agency partners.
- Experience and success in product launch management.
- Experience collaborating closely with internal stakeholder teams such as Product Marketing, Social Media, Licensing, Community, etc.
- Strong project management, creative concept, and plan execution skills.
- Established press and influencer contacts in the video game, family entertainment industry and consumer media are a plus.
- Experience working with celebrity partners or engaging celebrities is a plus.
- Experience working for or with Japanese companies/brands is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with influencer platforms, particularly Creator IQ is a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $82,000 - $96,900. The full range is $82,000 - $122,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.