Role: Digital Marketing Specialist
Team: Patagonia Provisions
Scope: Individual Contributor, P2
Year of Experience: 2+ Years
Location: Sausalito, CA
Reporting to the Patagonia Provisions Ecommerce Lead, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting tactics aimed at driving sales growth, influencing customer loyalty, and promoting brand awareness across digital marketing channels through an omnichannel lens. In addition, the Digital Marketing Specialist will be the day-to-day community manager for Patagonia Provisions social media and influencer marketing. Patagonia Provision is all about everyday food solutions for people and the planet. We work to address specific environmental problems through organic, regenerative and responsible food production. Our food chain is broken; Patagonia Provisions is about finding solutions to repair it. We are in business to save our home planet, and the Digital Marketing Specialist will help deliver impactful stories, campaigns and content in support of our mission.
What You’ll Do
Manage Social Media
- Partners closely with Ecommerce Lead on social and influencer strategy, so it supports overall Ecommerce & Digital Marketing calendar and strategy. Balances brand storytelling with ecommerce + retail revenue objectives.
- Acts as the expert voice and work to ensure social media creative is relevant, on brand, and current to social media standards, platform changes and trends.
- Develops social media calendar based on overall digital calendar, briefs in social content to creative team and influencers.
- Writes all social media posts in brand voice.
- Partners with Ecommerce Lead on evaluating influencers and creators to determine brand fit, capabilities, pricing, budget, and content needs. Manages influencer partnerships, including building creative briefs and manage influencer communications and integration of content into brand social calendar.
- Moderates social media community, including replying to questions, comments and resharing tagged stories.
- Analyze performance, recommend and execute optimizations, and provide both regular and ad-hoc performance insights to help inform campaign strategy.
- Works cross-functionally with ecommerce team, brand team, creative team, and Patagonia category and social teams.
Support Digital Marketing Reporting & Research
- Supports reporting with pulling/inputting data from digital and ecommerce platforms.
- Support Ecommerce Lead in researching digital media platforms, ad placements, and competitor strategy, identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Researches keywords, competitor trends.
Build Email & Website Content
- Builds + deploys emails and webpages using assets delivered from creative.
- Supports QA process with team pre-deployment. Provides feedback to creative team on platform and medium best practices and optimizations.
- Builds new product and collection pages, merchandises site to optimize revenue.
- Builds blog and recipe pages, optimizing for SEO.
- General site support and troubleshooting in partnership with ecommerce lead and external development agency.
Who You Are
- You have some hands-on experience in building digital content across channels and managing social media.
- You are effective in managing multiple channels, prioritizing work, and bringing a holistic view to the customer experience.
- You are proactive and are a self-starter, taking ownership of your work, moving at a quick pace.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, develop quality relationships, managing projects cross-functionally to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- You are detailed oriented, ensuring that content is correct before posting and that data analytics reported back to the Ecommerce Lead are accurate and timely.
Experience You Bring
- Working knowledge of: Shopify, Klaviyo (or similar email tool), Google Analytics, Sprout Social and native social platforms.
- Experience with basic data analytics and reporting with the ability to monitor KPIs and offer actionable insights around performance.
- Experience managing social media influencer partnerships.
- 2+ years of broad, omni-channel digital marketing experience (including but not limited to social, email, paid media, DTC website).
- Experience in working with CPG food brands and/or a startup environment preferred.
Hiring Range: $80,000 to $85,000
Pay Range: $65,600 to $98,400
At Patagonia, pay ranges are assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Patagonia offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and leave of absence plans. Benefit plans may vary slightly depending on the nature of your employment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.