Since 1945, EBONY has celebrated and chronicled Black excellence and leadership worldwide. In January 2021, the iconic brand was relaunched under new ownership as EBONY Media Group, a diversified multi-platform media company. This is an exciting chapter for the beloved brand, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic candidates to join our close-knit, highly collaborative team. We’re calling all innovators and creators who want to be part of the legacy by helping shape EBONY’s future!
The Manager, Social Media at EBONY is a creative, social strategist passionate about storytelling, social media and about the EBONY legacy of delivering excellence to the global Black community.
This role will play an integral part in redefine who EBONY is today across the digital landscape by creating and publishing engaging content across EBONY’s social media channels. As a strategic thought leader, this role will manage cross-functional social media campaigns from start to finish and develop content strategics by partnering with both internal and external stakeholders.
A proactive content strategy will be key in this role and EBONY is looking to bring on a team player who is not only proactive, but intentional and thinks social-first. The Manager, Social Media will sit within the Brand & Marketing department on the Social Media team and will report directly to the Director, Social Media. This is a game-changing and exciting opportunity to reimagine one of the most well-known and beloved media brands in the world.
- Content Strategy + Campaign Management
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders of all levels to complete tasks from larger ideation to day-to-to social posts.
- Identify unique, creative and social-first ways to execute campaign ideas
- Ability to build and manage social campaigns from soup to nuts (creative concepting, pitching, strategy building, publishing and reporting)
- Experience working within third-party social tool platforms (i.e., Sprout, or Sprinklr)
- Comfortable public speaking and presenting to leadership and stakeholders on reports, campaign ideas, etc.
- Social-First Mindset:
- Deep professional, working understanding of social media platforms.
- Stay up to date on the latest social trends and experience trend forecasting.
- Able to translate business needs in a social-first way to a digital audience.
- Social copywriting and copy-editing experience for brand content
- Ability to creative direct social creative and campaigns to agencies and internal stakeholders
- Project Management:
- Ability to project manage large campaigns and ability to multitask.
- Possess organizational skills and able plan social content calendars in advance.
- Willing to travel to on-site events and capture content/creative direct content capture while maintaining day-to-day responsibilities.
- At least 4 years of hands-on social media experience managing social creative campaigns from start to finish inclusive of pitching ideas, execution, publishing and reporting.
- Experience managing brand accounts and writing social copy in a brand forward tone of voice.
- Deep knowledge and interest social media, trends and platform insights
- Team player with a positive attitude and go-getter mindset
- Must have experience in Microsoft systems (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have experience using social media publishing reporting tools (i.e.., Sprout and Sprinklr)
- EBONY is an incredibly fast-paced environment on top of the social media landscape being always-on
- The Manger, Social Media must be agile, proactive and able to project manage multiple social media campaigns at once.